Wednesday 16 November 2011

After Dark, Existing Event Research

I thought it would be useful to look at the advertising for another successful event in Sheffield which i know about, this is After Dark - held once a year it is a bonfire/firework event which is the biggest in Yorkshire and has many people attending.

The only advertising I could really find for them was their poster:


I also analysed this slightly in my sketchbook:


Also, Rachel mentioned that she wanted a Facebook group creating for the event. I looked at the one for After Dark as seeing as how successful the even was the Facebook page was poor. It had little friends, little people attending. Although this is a great way to engage people and inform people of the event it is difficult to get the right target audience through this way without just adding random people on Facebook. I feel that other ways of getting their attention would be much more successful personally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment